Lip augmentation is a non-surgical procedure that provides volume, hydration and definition to lips using hyaluronic acid filler.
Whether you have thin lips and just want a natural fuller lip or whether it's fuller juicier lips you are looking for it can be achieved. More subtle lip enhancements can be achieved if a more hydrated youthful lip is required in aging lips.
With many celebrities having lip enhancements it is ever popular with all ages now. At The Confidence Clinic we strive to promote a natural look and love a beautiful enhanced lip that doesn't look 'done'. Of course we will work together to tailor each lip enhancement individually to your requirements while offering expert advice.
Lip enhancements are not only about increasing volume of the lip and can be carried out on different parts of the lip including:
- Vermilion border - this is the outer edge of the lip. Augmenting this area will provide definition.
- Body of the lip - this is the full pink area of the lip. Targeting this area will increase volume and make the lips appear more hydrated and youthful.
- perioral lines (smokers lines) - applying a fine filler directly into these lines will give an instant improvement leaving the lips looking younger and will reduce lipstick bleeding.
- Cupids bow - treating this area will help to contour the lip and define the upper lip.
- Philtrum - these are the ridges that go up from the cupids bow towards the nose. Defining these will make the lips appear more defined and youthful.
Pre Treatment advice
A medical history and list of medications will be discussed prior to your treatment to ensure you are suitable for the treatment. Some supplements and over the counter medicines can make you more at risk of bruising so you should avoid these for a day or two before and a day after treatment.
You must advise in advance if you suffer from the cold sore virus as injections can trigger this in some cases.
Post Treatment Advice
Lips are very vascular so there is more risk of swelling and some bruising which is perfectly normal. With this in mind, the immediate post treatment results may not be the final result. You should allow 2-3 days for any initial swelling to subside but in some cases it may take a little longer. You may want to apply some ice to help reduce the swelling. It is important to remember that the final result may not be achieved for 2 weeks post treatment so please be patient.
It is not advised that you apply make up for 12 hours after treatment to minimize the risk of infection, only use tepid water to wash your face and pat dry carefully with a clean towel. vigorous exercise should be avoided for at least 24 hours and not saunas, steam rooms or facial treatments for 2 weeks post treatment.
For lip enhancements and peri-oral (smokers) lines:
|amalian||1/2 ml - £100||1ml - £150|
|Juvederm Ultra (fine)||1ml - £200|
|Juvederm Ultra Smile||1/2 ml - £130||1ml - £200|
|Juvederm Vycross Range||1ml - £290|